Oklahoma Car Accident Lawyers: Common Causes Of Car Accidents
There are a number of things that can go wrong when driving a car. At Warhawk Legal, our Oklahoma City personal injury lawyers have been helping clients throughout Oklahoma recover compensation for their accident injuries since 2001. They thoroughly understand the causes of car accidents and how to help protect your rights to recovery when there is an incident involving distracted driving or in reckless driving accidents.
Determining Fault In An Oklahoma Car Accident
The determination of fault in an Oklahoma car accident is important. Oklahoma is considered an at-fault state when it comes to car accidents. This means that the person who is at fault for the accident will have to pay for the damages that were caused by their negligence. There are several ways that drivers can compromise the safety of those around them, and can ultimately result in a car accident, including:
- Speeding: Drivers who are going too fast reduce their reaction times and ability to stop
- Reckless driving: Drivers who disregard the risks around them, and therefore endanger others
- Aggressive driving: Drivers who commit multiple traffic infractions and intentionally endanger others on the road
- Distracted driving: Drivers who aren’t paying attention often don’t see when they need to stop or their car doesn’t stay in its own lane
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol: Drivers who drive under the influence are not capable of operating a vehicle safely
In the state of Oklahoma, drunk driving and speeding are typically the most common causes of car crashes each year.
The different causes of an accident can result in various types of accidents, sometimes serious and resulting in catastrophic damages. For example, distracted driving often results in a rear-end collision accident, while reckless driving and changing lanes without looking can result in a side-swipe accident. In some accidents, it is easier to determine who was at fault for the accident than others.
In addition, if your own actions contributed to the accident in any way, your damages may be reduced by the percentage that your own negligence caused. Proving who was at fault in a car accident becomes very important when determining how much your car accident case is worth.
Consult A Car Accident Attorney For Free
Our personal injury lawyers offer free, no-obligation case evaluations and consultations. To schedule your free appointment, contact us by calling 405-857-6688 or by sending us an email using our online form.