How An Attorney Can Help After A Car Accident
When you have injuries from a car accident, you face a long, complex uphill legal struggle to recover compensation. An experienced personal injury attorney understands the law and the necessary processes. They can be a guide and advocate for you to help you climb that hill with confidence.
Our personal injury team at Warhawk Legal has years of experience helping clients secure the fair and full compensation they deserve for their car accident injuries. When you are not sure of how much compensation you deserve or the full cost of your injuries, we can provide you with the guidance you need in your injury claim. You will have a lot of questions about what you should do next. Let us answer your car accident questions and provide you with advice on how to fight the insurance company.
Begin Your Injury Accident Claim Today
Some evidence of a car accident is more reliable immediately after your accident, such as witness testimony. While the Oklahoma statute of limitations for crashes allows you to file a claim within two years of your injury, now is always the best time to file a claim. Schedule your initial consultation at our Oklahoma City law office by calling 405-857-6688 or by emailing us.
Fighting For Full Compensation After An Accident
Insurance companies have a reputation for offering a quick settlement that is far smaller than the victim deserves. We can help you pursue compensation that covers all of the consequences of your personal injury, including:
- Medical expenses: Past, present and future hospital bills, transportation costs related to your care, surgeries, ongoing wound treatment for burns and scars and medication
- Property damage: Car repairs, damage to buildings, replacements for personal items and other damage
- Lost income: Wage replacement for lost time recovering and compensation for lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering: Emotional and mental anguish caused by the accident and your recovery
For us, it is not enough for the liable party to pay a small portion of your losses and leave the rest to you. We want to know that you are getting the resolution you deserve for your injuries, and we can help you pursue it.
Fair And Full Compensation After A Car Accident In Oklahoma City Or Beyond
After a serious car accident, there is no guarantee that you will receive the compensation you need to cover medical bills and other losses. Let our experienced and committed attorneys help you pursue justice after your accident by helping you with your compensation needs. Contact our Oklahoma City office by calling 405-857-6688 or by emailing us to schedule your initial consultation today.
A car accident can leave you extremely confused about your future and how you will recover from your injuries. Getting the answers you need is not always easy, which is why at Warhawk Legal, we are here to answer your questions. Before you come to meet at our Oklahoma City office, here are some answers that can help set you on the path to a better future:
What do I do after the car accident?
The steps you take immediately after your car accident can drastically help you. After your accident, everyone should take a few critical steps:
- Document the accident: Even one day after a car accident, it can be challenging to recreate the events of the collision. By taking a few minutes to take pictures and videos of the accident scene, any factors that may have helped cause it, and even the surrounding road conditions, you are providing yourself with an additional and vital resource in your accident compensation claim.
- Collect insurance company names and other information: The more information you collect at the time of the accident, the better. Witness testimony is the most accurate immediately following collisions, so be sure to record any statements a witness of the accident is willing to give you. Also, be sure to collect the license, license plate, car details and contact information of the other driver. Before even getting out of the car after the collision, be sure to collect the car information if the at-fault driver tries to flee the accident scene.
- Call the police; they investigate accidents: After a serious injury, the police can offer many services to help you. A police report that comes from calling officers for help can be an additional piece of evidence in your compensation claim. Additionally, police officers can also help clear the scene of the accident, reroute traffic and clean any car parts from the road. They can also send an ambulance at your request for any medical attention you may need.
- Contact our law firm in Oklahoma City: Even when all the evidence is in your favor in a compensation claim, there is no guarantee that you will receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Our personal injury team can help you secure the compensation you deserve and provide you with the resources you need to cover the costs of your injuries.
What kind of compensation can you recover for your car accident?
When people suffer a serious car accident because of someone else’s reckless or negligent driving habits, they may not pursue a compensation claim because they do not know how much they can get. Personal injury compensation is vital in covering the costs of any injury, which makes it essential for accident victims to secure the funds they need for their injuries.
The first of the two types of compensation you can pursue is “economic damages.” These damages refer to any financial losses, such as medical bills, that come from your injuries. Common examples of this type of expense include:
- Lost income during the recovery process
- All medical care expenses
- Property damage replacement or repair
- The cost of modifying your home to accommodate your injuries
- Loss of earning capacity
These costs are relatively easy to pursue, as there are often documents to prove the exact expenses of your injuries. We can help you compile these documents while we build your case for fair compensation.
While it is easy to put a price on many aspects of your personal injury, not everything has a simple price tag. “Noneconomic losses” refer to the pain and suffering, and other losses that a victim may have experienced. These losses are commonly tied to the emotional experience of recovering from the accident and regularly include:
- Current and future pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Scarring or burns
- Permanent limited mobility
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
When a car accident injury causes you to suffer extreme amounts of emotional difficulties, the liable party should also compensate you for that suffering. Just because you cannot put a price tag on trauma does not mean that the liable person needs to answer for it.
What kind of injuries can a car accident give me?
People often have a list of injuries that they imagine someone can receive from a car accident. When someone is not fully aware of just all the ways that an accident can hurt them, it may keep them from pursuing full compensation for their accident. The naked eye cannot see many injuries of a car accident, and many more injuries can have far more consequences than you may suspect. We have come to learn about all the types of injuries that can come from a car accident, including:
- Knee damage, wrist damage and other joint damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage throughout the body
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
Just because you were able to walk away from your accident does not mean that you are uninjured. The best thing you can do after an accident is to see a doctor to confirm your health following a car crash. After you see a medical professional and receive your diagnosis, contact one of our car accident lawyers. You can trust our team to secure the compensation you deserve.
What should I do if an insurance company representative calls me?
When the at-fault driver’s insurance agency calls you with questions, it is likely looking for information that can reduce the compensation it pays you. Do not say anything to an insurance agent without an attorney present. A skilled lawyer can help you avoid saying anything that may jeopardize your claim.
Do I need to see a doctor?
Even if you do not feel hurt after your car accident, you should see a doctor. The resulting medical report creates a benchmark for your health so you can monitor any worsening conditions. A doctor can also look for any hidden life-threatening injuries like a traumatic brain injury.
My car still runs; can I drive it?
Unless you have had a full inspection of your vehicle, do not drive it. Hidden damages to your vehicle may cause you to suffer a serious injury, which may then qualify as only your liability for driving a faulty vehicle.
What kind of damages can I receive for crashes with injuries?
The compensation for your personal injury should cover all of the costs that come with the car accident. Common damages include medical expenses, lost income, property damage, and pain and suffering. A skilled attorney can help you secure the fair compensation you deserve.
Do I need a car accident attorney?
An experienced car accident attorney is essential in a compensation claim. We can help you negotiate for compensation that accurately reflects the total cost of your injury, avoid making critical mistakes during the claims process and reduce the time it takes to receive the compensation.